Open Day Programme,
30 September 1972
- 4.00pm Open Day Starts.
- 5.00pm Refreshments.
- 6.00pm First film show.
- 7.00pm Second film show.
- 8.00pm Start of observing through the Orwell Park Refractor (weather permitting).
- In the club room: star charts and Moon map.
- Photographs of the Moon, Saturn and stars.
- Photographs of Norwich Observatory, Orwell Park Observatory and the Moon, by Charles Radley.
- Photographs of stars, the zodiacal light, Mars and Saturn, by Maurice Gavin of Ewell, Sussex.
- 6″ home constructed reflector, Richard Matthew.
- 2½″ refractor, Charles Radley.
- 2½″ refractor, Patrick Carrol.
- 2½″ refractor, Jonathan Cooley.
- 2½″ refractor on equatorial mount, Roy Cheesman.
- 2″ refractor, Vernon Wilkes.
- Other telescopes from Dixons.
Visitors are welcome to look at the sky through our telescopes.
- The Moon, Saturn and stars.
- Norwich Astronomical Society Observatory, Orwell Park Observatory and the Moon, by Charles Radley
- Stars, zodiacal light, Mars and Saturn, by Maurice Gavin.
Officers Of The Orwell Astronomical Society (Ipswich)
- President - Mr Brian Bell.
- Chairman - Mr John Easty.
- Secretary - Mr Michael Topple.
- Treasurer - Mr Vernon Wilkes.
- Newsletter Editor - Mr Charles Radley.
- Also - Mr Roy Cheesman, Mr David Bearcroft.